Who Can Participate?
- Virtually anyone! You can participate solo or on a team (max of 6). That’s just over 7.5 miles a day for a solo runner. And about 1.25 miles per day for a team of 6.
- One flat $25 fee per person no matter if you are participating solo or as a team. You can register now until May 21 (but please be aware that the race will have started on May 15 and will still finish on May 29).
Do I actually go run the course?
No, this is a virtual race so you can complete your activities anytime and anywhere you feel comfortable during the race period. Whenever and wherever you run or otherwise perform activities to earn your miles, please do so in a safe manner. And given the COVID-19 pandemic, follow the appropriate guidelines, including social distancing.
What activities count to “move” me on the course?
Almost any activity – run, bike, walk, hike, swim. There is a way to convert many different activities to miles including steps, golf, basketball, yoga, tennis, dancing and yardwork.
How long do I/we have to complete the course?
You or your team will have 14 days to complete the course. See how far you can get from May 15 – 29, 2020!
How do I record my activities?
You will record your activities/miles daily and be able to track yourself on an electronic map of the entire route. It’s very simple, you will log them on your Racery webpage/Racery app.
What do I get?
- After the event, we will mail you a logo’ed neck gator which these days also serves as a face mask.
- We will also mail you a Rowdy Bar after the event.
- You will receive a digital race bib and a digital finisher’s certificate.
- Access to the electronic course map to track your progress.
- Sense of accomplishment.
- Sense of camaraderie with a “team” you haven’t been able to see in months.
- Feeling of pride to donate to the local community in need – a donation will be made to the Community Foundation of Western Nevada COVID-19 Relief Fund.