What Everyone Gets
What You Get If You Sign Up For Any Race:
- a goodie bag
- multiple Race Specials for you to take advantage of – See Race Specials
- post-race refreshments and vendors and music at the Finish Line Party
What You Also Get If You Sign Up For The Reno Mile:
- a Reno Mile Commemorative Coin
What You Also Get If You Sign Up For The Journal Jog:
- a Journal Jog finisher’s medal
- a complimentary beer at the Finish Line Party
All of the above PLUS a Double Dare Medal!
Race Specials – Participants show their bib at these generous businesses to get their race specials. Specials will be communicated and posted closer to race day.
Please note that shirts are not included with your race entry because many of you have said you have enough shirts and we thought we’d give you the option of paying a lower entry fee if you didn’t want a shirt. But if you want a shirt be sure to purchase one when you register.
- Overall top 3 men and top 3 women in the Reno Mile will receive special awards. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Overall top 3 men and top 3 women runners in the Journal Jog will receive CASH PRIZES. First place $250, 2nd place $150 and 3rd place $100. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Reno Mile – Top 3 in each age group will receive special Reno Mile awards. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Journal Jog – Overall top 3 men and top 3 women running strollers and walkers in the Journal Jog will be recognized with special certificates.
- Journal Jog – Top 3 in each age group for the run and walk divisions will be recognized with special certificates. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Journal Jog – Top 3 in each team division will be recognized with special certificates. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Journal Jog Costume Contest: there will be a costume contest for the caterpillar team division, and there will be a costume contest for everyone else.
Reno Mile: 12 minutes per mile for the timed heats; 15 minutes per mile for the untimed heats.
Journal Jog: We need to be finished with the City of Reno streets by 9:30 a.m. If walkers are the last to start and they start at 7:51 a.m., they have the most time, 99 minutes. That is a 19 minute per mile pace.
You may only participate with your stroller at one heat of the Reno Mile on Saturday and at the Journal Jog on Sunday.
The one heat of the Reno Mile is the untimed Fun Run Heat.
At the Journal Jog you may run or walk with your stroller. If you plan to run, then you need to sign up for the Run Stroller Division and you will start in the run stroller wave at 7:45 a.m. One stroller per runner in this division please – no sharing a stroller. If you plan to walk, then register for the Walk Division and you will start in the walk division at 7:51 a.m.
You may only run with your dog on Saturday in the untimed Dog Mile Heat of the Reno Mile.